Common Car Accident Injuries: They All Require Treatment
The primary concern of any car accident is injury or death. This is why automakers spend so much time and money searching for new ways to make their vehicles safer.
Some injuries are more common than others. Here is a list of the 10 most common car accident injuries:
– Brain injuries. For example, traumatic brain injury can result from a blow to the head.
– Other head injuries. This can include injuries such as loss of vision.
– Neck and back injuries. Whiplash, for example, is a common injury suffered in a motor vehicle accident.
– Neck injury causing damage to the trachea or larynx.
– Chest injuries. A chest injury, such as broken ribs or organ damage, can be extremely serious.
– Diaphragm rupture.
– Pelvis or abdominal injuries. These often go undetected, due to the internal nature but must be addressed without delay.
– Leg and knee injuries. It is possible for this part of the body to be crushed in an accident.
– Foot injuries. Just the same as leg and knee injuries, feet can be crushed, broken or sprained.
– Feet, toes, hands and fingers.
While these are among the most common car accident injuries, you never know what will happen if you are put in this situation. This is why you should do whatever possible to avoid trouble on the road.
If you want to learn more about car accident injuries, including those that are most common, you are in the right place. Begin your search on our “10 Most Common Car Accident Injuries” webpage.