Motorcycle Safety Tips For Motorcyclists, Others
Driving a motorcycle is not the same as driving a passenger vehicle. Due to the size and weight, there are specific things riders must do in order to remain safe at all times.
Motorcyclists can follow these safety tips:
– Avoid riding in poor weather conditions, such as a rain storm or high winds.
– Wear a DOT approved helmet and other protective gear.
– Use turn signals every time you make a turn or change lanes.
– Make sure you are visible to others at all times.
– Use hand signals when necessary.
While these tips are useful for motorcyclists, there are others meant for drivers of cars and trucks:
– Always share the road with motorcycles.
– Check your mirrors before changing lanes, as motorcycles can be hard to spot.
– Allow greater following distance when driving behind a motorcycle.
– Motorcycles can stop more quickly than cars, so never tailgate.
When motorcyclists, passenger vehicle drivers, and truckers follow these tips, there is less chance of an accident.
Every year in the state of South Carolina, people are killed and injured in motorcycle accidents. Many of these could have been prevented by following the tips detailed above.
If you or a loved one are injured in a motorcycle accident, due to the negligence of another driver, it is important to understand your legal rights. Our website is full of information on this subject. If you want to learn more, don’t hesitate to read through our “Motorcycle Accidents” webpage. It will open your eyes as to how serious this type of accident can be.