South Carolina has some of the highest rates of bicycle accident deaths in the nation. The fatality rate is 3.3 fatalities per million, each year.
Too often, bicyclists don’t receive the compensation that they deserve following an accident. They assume that the insurance company is giving them a fair payment. They don’t understand the loopholes and technicalities that insurance companies use to limit compensation.
At Maguire Law Firm, we are Myrtle Beach bicycle accident lawyers. We help our clients get justice when they are injured because of the negligence or recklessness of others.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Near Myrtle Beach
We’re experienced lawyers representing bicycle accident victims in Myrtle Beach. When you’re looking for aggressive lawyers near you following a bicycle accident, we will represent you throughout your entire case.
Our lawyers are currently taking new cases in:
- Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach
- Horry County
- Georgetown County
- Marion County
- Throughout South Carolina
You deserve fair compensation for your damages following a bicycle accident. However, the insurance company doesn’t want to pay. Contact our lawyers at 843-894-3502 for a consultation regarding your case.
Representing Residents, Visitors and Tourists
Maguire Law Firm is proud to represent our community. Whether you are a resident, a visitor or on vacation in our community, we want you to have justice and skilled legal representation following a bicycle accident. We represent only victims and their families. We are currently taking new cases, and we can represent you whether you are a resident of Myrtle Beach, traveling on business or a welcome guest on vacation in our community.
What are my rights as a bicycle accident victim?
As a bicycle accident victim, you have the right to:
- Report the accident and ask law enforcement to respond and investigate
- Make an insurance claim for compensation
- Bring a legal claim to hold those responsible accountable for their actions
- Claim compensation for emergency and long-term medical care
- Receive pain and suffering compensation, other non-economic damages
- Lost income recovery
- Payment for damage to your bicycle
- Have your case heard in the legal system
It doesn’t matter whether your accident occurs on a roadway, a paved path or parking lot, a sidewalk, trail, boardwalk and promenade, or even the beach. If someone else is legally responsible for the accident, you may pursue compensation.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultation
Maguire Law Firm is a team of experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive lawyers. We relentlessly pursue your right to compensation following a bicycle accident.
We’re currently taking new cases. Contact us at 843-894-3502 today for your free consultation.
Do I deserve compensation for my bicycle accident?
Bicyclists have all the rights of others on the roads, unless a special restriction applies. Drivers must be aware that bicyclists may be present and take precautions.
Some grounds for compensation for a bicycle accident are:
- A driver failing to stop behind a crosswalk
- Not leaving sufficient space for a bicyclist on the side of the road
- Turning in front of a bicyclist
- Not allowing the bicyclist to make a turn
- Speeding, drunk driving, and texting – any behavior that detracts from safe driving
- Failing to watch for a bicyclist before crossing a road or path
- Driving too fast for traffic and people in the area
- Poor road construction or maintenance
- Swerving out of the path of an animal
- Vehicle malfunction
The cause of the accident can be hard to determine. Our lawyers can investigate and evaluate legal fault. We ensure that all responsible parties are held accountable in your claim.
Why do I need a bicycle accident lawyer?
It can be tempting to accept a small offer from the insurance company to resolve the case. However, once you do that, you can’t open a claim again even if you realize later that your injuries are more serious. For bicycle accident victims, injuries and damages are often significant. Future damages must be carefully valued and included. It’s important to know how to evaluate settlement offers to determine if you’re being treated fairly.
Our bicycle accident lawyers help you with everything important to your case. Just some of the ways we help you are:
- Thoroughly investigating and documenting medical bills including long-term, future costs
- Claiming property damage including the value of your bicycle
- Determining who has legal fault and how to prove their responsibility for the accident
- Making reports to the insurance company and substantiating your amount of damages
- Valuing all types of damages including lost income, physical suffering, emotional anguish and disfigurement
- Understanding the difficulties that bicyclists face in bringing claims
- Evaluating a settlement offer and guiding you through decision-making throughout the case
- Filing your legal claim and taking the steps through legal procedure to advance your claim
- Responding when the defense or witnesses are uncooperative
- Speaking on your behalf in court, including conducting trial as your representative
Our legal services for bicycle accident victims are comprehensive. We are prepared to represent you through everything necessary to get fair compensation.
We’re Here To Help You
Our lawyers are committed to helping you receive fair compensation following a bicycle accident. That’s why we represent our clients with no fee unless you receive a payment for your damages. Ask us how our representation works with no fee unless you win.
Highlights of Ian Maguire include:
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell – The highest rating for legal ability and ethics
- Licensed and experienced in South Carolina state and federal courts
- Dedication of our legal practice to cases impacting victims and their families
- Knowledge of special legal issues impacting bicyclists
- A legal team with the technology resources to meet your needs
- Commitment to communication with you throughout your case
- Professional, determined and aggressive legal representation
A bicycle accident may be life-changing. You don’t have to fight alone. We’re here to pursue your legal rights while you focus on your recovery, your family and your future.