South Carolina is 4th in the nation for pedestrian accident deaths. We are all pedestrians at some point – even if you are just walking from your vehicle into a store or to your job. Pedestrian accidents cause significant harm to victims and their families.
If you’re hurt in an accident, the Myrtle Beach pedestrian accident lawyers at Maguire Law Firm can represent you in the claims process. Don’t fall for the tactics that the insurance companies use to deny claims. You have rights, and our lawyers can fight for the compensation you deserve.
Lawyers Near Me for Pedestrian Accidents
The Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand area of South Carolina has 25,000 year-round residents. In addition, millions of visitors annually travel to the area to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities. Whether you are a resident or a visitor to our community, Maguire Law Firm is the law firm near you that is ready to protect your rights.
Can I get compensation for a pedestrian accident?
A pedestrian accident victim may claim compensation if another party is responsible for the accident. Examples of fault are:
- Entering a crosswalk when pedestrians are present
- Making a turn when pedestrians have a right to cross the intersection
- Driving too close to where pedestrians are walking along the side of the road
- Speeding, driving too fast for the pedestrians that are in the area
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Unmarked crosswalks, poorly designed roads, defective traffic lights
- Not coming to a complete stop in a crosswalk, making a rolling stop
- Failing to observe school zones and construction zones
- Swerving to avoid a collision with another vehicle or an animal
- Vehicle defects that cause a vehicle to malfunction
If another party is responsible for the accident because of negligence, they are liable to pay damages. Most of the time, fault is based on negligence or violating a traffic law. Recklessness and intentional harm are also grounds for legal liability.
Pedestrians have the right to be on the roads. Drivers must take reasonable precautions and observe traffic laws. If a driver injures a pedestrian through negligence, they are responsible for the damages they cause. Usually, a claim is satisfied through an insurance policy.
Our lawyers for pedestrian accidents in Myrtle Beach can assist you in identifying fault and whether you may claim damages.
What is my pedestrian accident claim worth?
Because a pedestrian is much smaller and lighter than a motor vehicle, the injuries that they sustain in an accident are often severe. Common injuries that we see in pedestrian accidents are:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Road rash
- Paralysis and mobility impairment
- Internal organ damage and bruising
Your physical injuries and medical treatment are the most obvious losses that you have after a pedestrian accident. However, not all your damages are physical. The value of your claim should include the many types of losses and damages that occur in a pedestrian accident, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- The cost to diagnose, stabilize and treat injuries
- Physical therapy
- Mobility and independence assistance
- Lost income and replacement household services
- Wheelchairs, scooters, boots and the like
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish
- Mental health damages like anxiety, depression and flashbacks
- Disfigurement, limitations to lifestyle
- Wrongful death damages
This list is not comprehensive. The value of the case is the total of the losses that you sustain. Some of the losses are economic, like medical bills and lost income. Other losses are intangible, but no less important. Other factors like shared legal fault can also play a role in what your claim is worth.
Are you wondering what your pedestrian accident claim may be worth? Our Myrtle Beach lawyers can give you a free consultation regarding your claim. Contact us at (843) 279-4983, or reach out through our website.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Taking New Cases
The Maguire Law Firm is currently taking new cases representing pedestrian accident victims. It’s our goal to provide comprehensive legal services so that you get a fair payment in an efficient manner.
Our law firm is fully equipped to handle pedestrian accident claims including cases with complex issues. Maguire Law Firm has the following features and highlights:
- Experience. Our founder, Ian D. Maguire, has been successfully representing individuals and families for more than two decades.
- Focus. We focus our entire practice on representing victims and families who need skilled legal representation.
- Results. We’re members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Martindale Hubbell rated us “AV” – the highest rating possible. We can’t guarantee results in your case, but we can guarantee that we’ll apply the same skill and dedication that has earned us these accolades.
- Skill. Pedestrian accident claims often involve unique legal and factual issues. We work to identify the issues that matter to making your claim a success.
- Communication. You need to know that the legal system is working for you. Throughout the case, we keep in contact with you, and we’re always available for your questions and comments. Working together, we get justice for you.
Do I need a pedestrian accident lawyer?
If your injuries are serious enough that you sought medical attention, there’s a good chance that you will benefit from having a pedestrian accident lawyer. You may underestimate what you deserve for medical expenses, future costs, pain and suffering and more. You can’t count on the insurance company to volunteer information.
A pedestrian accident lawyer ensures that your case is handled fairly and efficiently. We know how to respond to the insurance company. We can move your case forward when witnesses are uncooperative or when the insurance company tries to avoid paying you fair compensation.
Free Consultation – Contingency Fees
Start your case with a free consultation with Maguire Law Firm. There is no fee if there is no recovery. Fees are computed before deducting expenses from recovery. Our pedestrian accident lawyers can evaluate your case and explain how you can get the compensation you deserve.
We’ve helped people just like you recover millions of dollars. See how our contingency fees help you get the representation you need with no risk to you.