Ian D. Maguire
Ian Maguire was born in Dublin, Ireland and raised in New York City. He and wife Jennifer have four children: Erin, Brendan, Liam and Saoirse. He attended Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY, where he received his B.S. in Business Administration. Thereafter, Maguire received his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1993. Since arriving on the Grand Strand in 1994, Maguire has dedicated himself to seeking justice for injured individuals and their families.
Ian Maguire is a trial lawyer and practices in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation. He primarily represents individuals injured due to automobile collisions, nursing home negligence, products liability, and boating accidents. He has handled civil wrongful death claims. During his career he has represented death-row inmates in regards to their capital post-conviction relief cases. His law practice is predicated on the core stance that consumers should be protected from unsafe products and individuals should receive fair treatment from the big powerful insurance companies. Maguire is dedicated to holding corporations that refuse to abide by their duties accountable for the injuries and damages they cause.
Maguire is active in the legal community and is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the South Carolina Association for Justice, and the Injured Workers’ Advocates of South Carolina. He is also a life-time member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates forum.
Maguire has dedicated himself to seeking justice for injured individuals and their families.
Actively involved in the community and public service, Maguire is past Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Myrtle Beach Rape Crisis Center and also served on the Board. Maguire is also the past area director for Horry County Special Olympics and past president of the North Myrtle Beach Civitans. He is a graduate of the Grand Strand Leadership Class of 2001 and served on its Board of Directors for three years. He is the former Co-Chair for March of Dimes 2013 Chef’s Auction and a Premier Sponsor of the Chef’s Auction from 2014-present. He is also an active member of Mensa and the Ancient Order of Hibernians.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- South Carolina, 1993
- North Carolina, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina – 1993
- Le Moyne College, Syracuse, New York – Bachelor of Science – Major: Business Administration
- Archbishop Molloy High School, Queens, New York
Associations And Activities
- Northern Shaolin Kung Fu Black Sash; title: Lao Shi
- Past Chairman Workers’ Compensation Section (SC Bar)
- Injured Workers’ Advocates of South Carolina – Executive Committee Member (2016-present)
- Member of Mensa
- Board Member St. Andrew Catholic Church Finance Committee
- Community Kitchen Volunteer
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Coach: St. Andrew Middle School Mock Trial Team
- Past Board of Regents Member Leadership Grand Strand
- Past President North Myrtle Beach Civitans
- Past Board Member Grand Strand Rape Crisis Center
- Past Area Director Horry County Special Olympics
- Past Coach of Socastee High School Mock Trial Team