Of the 1,641 fatal collisions in South Carolina in 2019, 250 involved pickup trucks. Another 83 involved truck tractors, and other kinds of trucks accounted for another 28. In addition to fatalities, truck accidents also produce thousands of injuries in South Carolina each year. (South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book, 2019).
Trucks are some of the largest vehicles on the road. They can cause serious harm to accident victims including catastrophic injuries. As a victim, you may deserve financial compensation. You have the right to the representation of a Myrtle Beach truck accident lawyer.
Lawyers for Truck Accidents Near Myrtle Beach
The attorneys at the Maguire Law Firm understand how challenging it can be when you’re the victim of a collision with a large truck. You may claim financial compensation from the party responsible for the collision. We are lawyers for truck accidents in Myrtle Beach. We are dedicated to helping individuals receive medical treatment and recover compensation for their injuries.
What types of trucks may be involved in an accident?
Trucks that may be involved in an accident are:
- Amazon, FedEx and UPS delivery vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Heavy machinery like dump trucks
- Refrigerator trucks
- Garbage trucks
A truck may be a commercial vehicle or a personal vehicle. Because of the large and heavy size of a truck, drivers have a high duty to exercise caution to prevent accidents. They may be legally liable to victims when an accident results.
What does a truck accident lawyer do?
Our truck accident lawyers know the many steps involved in getting fair compensation for victims. There are special considerations in truck cases, including:
- Parties other than the driver who may be legally responsible for the accident
- Investigating causes of the accident that may not be clear at the time it occurs
- Working to identify insurance policies that may cover catastrophic injuries
- Identifying theories of legal liability including vicarious liability, defective product liability and negligence
- Using legal procedure to gather evidence from reluctant parties and witnesses
- Gathering employee records including training and management information
- Evaluating technical and scientific information relating to the accident
Our truck accident lawyers not only know the procedure for filing a claim, but we also know how to navigate the issues that are unique to truck accident claims. We customize your claim based on the facts and the legal issues.
As your attorneys, we are your representatives, speaking on your behalf to the insurance company and in court. With representation from a truck accident lawyer, you have an experienced advocate working to optimize your results throughout your case.
Truck Accident Lawyers Taking New Cases
The Maguire Law Firm represents individuals who are hurt in truck accident claims. We also represent families in wrongful death claims involving truck accidents. Our lawyers are taking new cases.
We understand how insurance companies seek to reduce the compensation that they pay to truck accident victims. They may claim that you are at fault, downplay your injuries or seek to deny your claim completely. The stakes are too high to try and manage your case on your own. Let our lawyers hold others responsible and claim the financial compensation that you deserve.
Who can I name in a claim for a truck accident?
It isn’t just the truck driver who may be to blame for a truck accident. The parties who may be legally liable for a truck accident are:
- Employer of the driver
- Truck manufacturer
- Party responsible for the load being hauled
- Government agency for road design or maintenance
Naming the appropriate parties in a truck accident claim is extremely important. You may name all the parties with legal fault. The reason for legal fault may be different for each defendant.
Including additional parties other than the driver may allow you to access insurance policies and other resources that may pay your damages. Our lawyers thoroughly investigate and ensure we name the appropriate parties to optimize your claim.
What are common truck accident injuries?
Truck accident injuries that may be eligible for compensation include:
- Skull fracture, concussion and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage, paralysis
- Broken bones, internal organ damage, bruising
- Whiplash, road rash
- Anxiety, depression, flashbacks and other mental health injuries
- Disfigurement and limitations in lifestyle
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish
- Humiliation, loss of reputation
South Carolina law allows you to claim the full extent of your actual damages. Because of the large size of a truck, your damages may be quite high. Economic and non-economic damages are available.
Why choose Maguire Law Firm truck accident lawyers
We’re proud to represent individuals and families in our community. Here are some reasons people choose us to represent them after a truck accident:
- The local advantage. We’re members of the Myrtle Beach community. We know the roads and the courts, and we put our local expertise to work in bringing your claim.
- Experience. With more than two decades of experience representing accident victims, our founder, Ian D. Maguire, leads a skilled and dedicated team of professionals representing truck accident victims.
- Results. We’re members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Form, and Super Lawyers. These honors reflect the success we’ve achieved for our clients.
- Customization. No two cases are alike. That’s why we thoroughly investigate and build the documentation to support all aspects of the claim.
- Aggressive representation. At our core, we believe that individuals should receive fair treatment in the legal system. It’s that belief that drives us to work aggressively on behalf of our clients.
Free Consultation – No Fee if No Recovery
No fee if no recovery, fees are computed before deducting expenses from your recovery. Begin your claim with a free consultation. Costs are deducted only if you receive a recovery. Learn more about how our fees work at your consultation.
There is a limited amount of time to assert your right to bring a claim. Don’t go it alone, and don’t wonder if you’re doing the right things. Contact Maguire Law Firm and our truck accident lawyers today. Call (843) 417-9978 or send us a message through our website.