You probably got on the elevator without thinking about it. You trusted that the elevator would be safe.
Then, it malfunctioned, and you got hurt.
You may deserve financial compensation for your injuries. The lawyers at Maguire Law Firm can represent you to bring a claim.
Compensation for an Elevator Accident
According to the CDC, elevator injuries hurt as many as 17,000 people each year in the United States. Many victims have serious injuries and require medical treatment.
Victims may receive compensation if the property owner was negligent in allowing the elevator to cause an injury.
Our lawyers represent victims in the claims process for elevator accident injuries. Contact the Maguire Law Firm today at (843) 417-9978 to start your claim.
What Kinds of Issues Can Elevators Have That Cause Injury?
- Sudden or rough stops
- Doors closing forcefully and unexpectedly
- Overcrowding and exceeding weight limitations
- Worn out sheaves/pulleys, causing uneven pressure and lag
- Neglecting routine maintenance including oils and lubrication, and bearings that suffer wear and tear
- Electrical and power supply issues, power failures
- Improper alignment
- Overheating of the elevator system
- Dangerous or defective walking surfaces inside the elevator
- Operator error
Elevators require routine maintenance as well as prompt attention if there are signs of danger.
Can You Get Compensation for an Elevator Accident?
Elevators have a high likelihood of causing injury when they are not kept in good repair. A property owner has a legal duty to repair the elevator and otherwise keep it in good condition. If you’re injured because of an elevator malfunction, you may receive compensation.
How our lawyers help accident victims
Getting compensation after an elevator accident can be a complex process. The Maguire Law Firm is experienced in helping victims claim compensation for their injuries. We can assist with:
- Accident investigation
- Identifying who may be the legally responsible party
- Preparing and filing insurance claims; speaking to the insurance company for you
- Valuing your claim
- Ensuring that your medical care fully documents your damages and losses
- Filing legal documents; creating a legal strategy
- Fully representing your interests; explaining the process and discussing your options
- Negotiating your settlement, or representing you if your case goes to trial
Maguire Law Firm exists to help victims receive justice. Our founder, Ian D. Maguire has dedicated his legal career to seeking justice for injured individuals and their families. We’re proud of how we’ve helped clients secure millions in compensation. We can’t guarantee results, but we can promise to use the same experience, aggressive legal representation and mission to fight for your rights.
What compensation can I receive for an elevator accident in Myrtle Beach?
Compensation for elevator accidents can include economic losses and non-economic losses. Economic losses are financial losses like medical bills, lost income and property damage. Non-economic damages include your physical pain, emotional anguish and disfigurement. Compensation should include the ways that the elevator accident has hurt you both financially and in terms of your lifestyle.
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping injury victims receive the compensation that they are due under the law. We invite you for a personalized consultation to discuss what your claim may be worth and the types of damages that may be a part of your claim.
Common Injuries in Elevator Accidents
Our lawyers may help you claim compensation for any of the following injuries that occur from elevator malfunction:
- Brain trauma, concussion and skull fracture
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries, bruising, crushing injuries
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Heat exhaustion, heat stroke
- Oxygen deprivation
- Wrongful death
Your injuries may heal over time. On the other hand, the disfigurement and suffering may last for a lifetime. Whatever the situation, the Maguire Law Firm is dedicated to ensuring that you receive justice. Contact us today to learn more about the claims process and how our lawyers can represent you.
Lawyers Near Me for Elevator Accidents in Myrtle Beach
We are the lawyers near you for elevator accidents in Myrtle Beach. To receive compensation, you must claim it. Our law firm dedicates our practice to helping members of our community whether you are a resident or a visitor to the area.
Our attorneys have dedicated their legal careers to helping individuals and families receive justice. The Maguire Law Firm practices in all areas of injury law including elevator accidents.
Call (843) 417-9978 to schedule your free consultation. We look forward to helping you.