For Myrtle Beach residents and visitors who are tired of the ocean, swimming pools provide a great way to cool off, exercise and enjoy time with friends. Unfortunately, they also present a number of risks that can result in serious injury or even death. The premises liability lawyers at Maguire Law Firm in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, advocate for injured parties as well as families who have suffered the tragic death of a loved one in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Numerous Laws That Apply To Swimming Pool Safety
A person who is underwater too long may suffer a traumatic brain injury requiring a lifetime of medical assistance.
There are a number of laws that pertain to public and private swimming pools to ensure safety and reduce the risk of serious injury or drowning.
We will take the time to review your swimming pool incident closely and tailor a legal strategy around the unique facts of your case.
A lawsuit involving an injury or death at a swimming pool may include:
- Lack of proper lifesaving safety equipment required by law
- Improper adult supervision of children in a swimming pool
- Alcohol abuse
- Poorly trained lifeguards or staff
- Illegible or no clear indicators of the water depth
- Inadequate fencing around a swimming pool
- Defective pool equipment, including ladders, diving boards, drains and pool surfaces
- Water contamination