The Maguire Law Firm lawyers can represent you if you’re injured in an Uber or Lyft accident.
Receiving fair compensation means knowing how to file the claim. We are experienced rideshare accident lawyers, and we can help you bring your claim for a monetary payment.
Our Myrtle Beach Uber/Lyft accident lawyers represent accident victims.
Who can bring an Uber/Lyft accident claim?
Our lawyers can represent any the following victims:
- Passengers in the Uber/Lyft vehicle
- Driver in another vehicle when the rideshare driver is at fault
- Passengers in another vehicle when the rideshare driver is at fault
- Bystanders including pedestrians and bicyclists
- The rideshare driver themselves when the other driver is at fault
If you have been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident, contact us at (843) 417-9978 or send us a message through our website for your free consultation.
Why hire our lawyers for Myrtle Beach Uber/Lyft accidents
Uber and Lyft drivers also use their vehicles for personal business. An accident may involve other vehicles. It can be hard to identify who should pay damages or where to look for compensation.
- While the driver is offline – their personal liability insurance applies
- Online and waiting for a ride request – Uber/Lyft cover up to $50,000 in personal injury and $25,000 in property damage. The driver’s personal insurance still applies
- Picking up a passenger – The $1 million guarantee applies
- During a ride until the passenger disembarks – The $1 million guarantee applies
(Source: Lyft Driver Insurance; Uber Auto Insurance to Help Protect You)
South Carolina car accident fault rules still apply. However, rideshare drivers have supplemental insurance, and both Uber and Lyft provide an accident guarantee of up to $1 million in compensation. Determining what insurance applies depends on the status of the driver at the time of the accident and who is at fault.
Our lawyers look at the multiple parties and insurance policies to determine who should pay compensation. We also work thoroughly through your damages so that you claim the amount that you deserve under South Carolina law.
What happens if your Uber/Lyft gets in an accident?
If your Uber/Lyft gets in an accident:
- All drivers involved should report the accident to the police
- Seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible; arrange for medical care for others if needed
- Get the name, rideshare ID number, license, vehicle information and insurance policies for the rideshare driver
- Get personal information for any other drivers involved including their license, vehicle and insurance information
- Report the accident to Uber/Lyft through the app or website
- Work with an Uber/Lyft accident lawyer as soon as possible
- Report the accident to any insurance companies that may be involved
- Document injuries and damages including medical records, medical bills and lost work. Begin keeping records of medical care, symptoms, treatment and physical limitations
- You may receive financial compensation for your damages, but you must take steps to claim it
Even when the accident involves a rideshare driver, it’s important to ask for insurance information from all the parties. As soon as you hire our lawyers, we speak on your behalf to the insurance company and Uber/Lyft. We can guide you through the process of receiving fair compensation and taking the necessary steps if your Uber/Lyft gets in an accident.
Examples of fault for an Uber/Lyft accident
Fault for an Uber/Lyft accident is based on negligence. The party who is at fault for the accident should pay damages. Examples of fault for an Uber/Lyft accident are:
- Not ensuring that passengers are settled in the vehicle before departing
- Failing to leave sufficient room for an Uber/Lyft while passengers are embarking or disembarking
- Interacting with the Uber/Lyft app while driving
- Parking in a location that is not safe
- Failing to ensure the vehicle is in good working condition
- Looking for passengers and failing to watch for traffic
- Speeding, running a stop sign or stop light, and other traffic violations
- Drunk driving, negligent driving and reckless driving
When an accident involves a rideshare company, there are the additional insurance policies and guarantees that may apply in addition to the individual driver’s insurance. The first step is to determine fault and look to that party’s insurance coverage. Then, if they are unable to satisfy a claim, the rideshare guarantees may apply. If the rideshare driver is at fault while giving a ride, the Uber/Lyft $1 million guarantee may cover damages.
How to sue Uber for an accident
Report the accident to Uber through the website or app. Our lawyers can help you identify and document your damages. We may negotiate a settlement on your behalf or help you file the appropriate legal claim.
How to sue Lyft for an accident
Report the accident to Lyft. Our lawyers can help you identify the damages and compensation that you deserve. If you disagree with their determination of compensation, we can help you negotiate or file a legal claim.
Even though Uber and Lyft may provide a $1 million insurance guarantee, remember that they’re in business to make a profit. They want to pay you as little as possible for your accident. If you don’t know what you deserve in compensation, and take the right steps to claim it, there’s a good chance that you’re going to receive too little for your claim.
Don’t get less than you deserve for an Uber/Lyft accident. Work with Maguire Law Firm. Call (843) 417-9978.
What is fair compensation for an Uber/Lyft accident?
South Carolina law allows Uber/Lyft accident victims to claim the following types of compensation:
- Cost of medical care
- Loss of income, earning capacity, and employment opportunities
- Burial costs
- Property damage
- Spousal services, substitute domestic services
- Pain, suffering
- Inconvenience, fear of loss, illness and injury
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
A legal claim can’t undo the harm that has occurred. It can’t give you time or your health back. However, it can value the losses that you have sustained and provide you with fair compensation. Our lawyers know how to value rideshare accident claims and fight for a fair payment for you.
Lawyers Near Myrtle Beach for Uber and Lyft Accidents
Some of the ways our lawyers near Myrtle Beach work on behalf of Uber and Lyft accident victims are:
- Investigating fault when multiple drivers are involved, and when they are uncooperative
- Examining the many insurance policies that may be a part of the claim
- Knowing the special procedures for filing a claim when Uber or Lyft is involved
- Determining the value of the claim
- Negotiating your settlement and giving you a level playing field with the large rideshare company
- Helping you understand if a settlement offer is fair, or if you should pursue your claim further
- Pursuing your case until you have a fair result, including through formal legal procedures, as necessary.
At Maguire Law Firm, our founder, Ian D. Maguire, brings more than two decades of experience to our team. Our entire team focuses exclusively on accident claims that impact individuals and families. This experience makes the difference when it comes to addressing the specific issues that may be present in your claim.
Residents, Visitors and Tourists
When you need skilled and aggressive legal representation following an Uber/Lyft accident, we are here to represent you. Whether you are a resident or visiting our community at the time of the accident, Maguire Law Firm can help you get justice.
Contact Us – Free Consultation
Our lawyers are just a phone call or click away. Contact us today for a consultation about your case. Call (843) 417-9978 or send us a message through our website.