The Maguire Law Firm has represented victims of a deck collapse. Having an experienced lawyer represent your interests can help you receive fair compensation.
As Myrtle Beach deck collapse lawyers, we pursue all options on your behalf. We protect your legal rights and represent you throughout the process.
Injuries from a deck collapse can be devastating. But you can receive justice. Call 843-894-3502 or message us for your consultation.
Deck Collapse Lawyer in Myrtle Beach
Our lawyers can represent you in a deck collapse case whether you are a resident of Myrtle Beach or visiting the Grand Strand area. We know the local courts and what’s involved in pursuing the case.
If you’re looking for experienced deck collapse lawyers, we invite you to have a consultation to learn more. There’s no obligation. Our law firm makes a difference in our neighbors’ lives. We’re eager to show you how we can help you, too.
Causes of Deck Collapses
Common causes of deck collapses are:
- Inadequate inspections
- Wear and tear of the structure over time; joist failure
- Rotten wood; insect damage
- Weather exposure that decreases the integrity of the structure
- Railings and guards that are inadequate
- Not building the deck to code
- Putting too much weight on the deck including too many people
- Failure of the deck ledger (rim board attached to the house)
Investigating The Cause of a Deck Collapse
The cause of a deck collapse is not always immediately known. One important way that we represent your interests is by determining what happened to cause the incident. We do this by undertaking accident reconstruction and working with experts to examine the evidence. We also pour through maintenance records, witness statements, prior incident reports and complaints to put an entire picture together of what caused the deck collapse.
Can You Receive Compensation If You’re Hurt by a Deck Collapse?
Whether you’re hurt by a collapsing deck, balcony, railing, landing or porch, you may receive compensation if the crash was the result of negligence. The property owner must have acted negligently either by allowing the structure to fall into disrepair, building it poorly or allowing a dangerous condition to exist in another way, and the owner knew or should have known about it. Property owners have the highest duty of care towards invitees which include customers and guests at business establishments.
What is the legal basis for compensation for a deck collapse?
The legal basis for deck collapse compensation is that the property owner or manager was at fault for allowing the deck collapse to occur. Legal standards are based on negligence. The exact level of legal duty depends on the reason the victim was on the property.
If you’re hurt in a deck collapse on someone else’s property, you shouldn’t have to suffer without compensation. Contact us at 843-894-3502 to explore the legal standards in your case and how you may receive compensation.
Why Choose Maguire Law Firm?
The Maguire Law Firm was founded on the conviction that injured people deserve fair treatment. Each person who is injured in an accident should have experienced representation. The insurance companies and corporations will have their lawyers. When you have Maguire Law Firm on your side, you have a team of skilled and experienced professionals fighting for justice for you.
Our law firm highlights include:
- A law firm dedicated to personal injury. We’ve built the resources, technology and team to serve your interests
- Knowledge of the laws and legal procedures that are important for deck collapse cases
- Our founder, Ian D. Maguire is a recipient of the Ann DeBock Leadership Award Winner for outstanding leadership and service in civic roles
- Ratings by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers and membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Free consultations
- No fees unless you receive compensation, our fee agreements are straightforward so everyone can afford to have a lawyer
If you’re looking for the best Myrtle Beach lawyer for a deck collapse case, we invite you to come meet us for a consultation. Don’t wonder if you’re being treated fairly or what to do next. We’re here to represent your interests. Time is limited, and we can start working on your case right away.