Brittney Farish Jones
Location: Myrtle Beach
Brittney Farish Jones grew up along the Grand Strand and is a proud graduate of Socastee High School, “Once a Brave, Always a Brave!” She went on to attend the College of Charleston and earned a Bachelor of Arts in English. Throughout her undergraduate studies, Brittney was recognized for her leadership and philanthropic achievements. After graduating cum laude from CofC, she attended the University of South Carolina School of Law. During law school, Brittney served each year as an elected member of the Student Bar Association and was recognized as a Student Attorney for the university’s Non-Profit Organizations Legal Clinic.
Upon graduating from the University of South Carolina School of Law, Brittney returned to the Grand Strand and secured a position at a general practice firm. Early on, Brittney gained a broad range of legal experience in various areas of law including real estate, domestic relations, foreclosure litigation, probate, estate planning, and personal injury. She represented individual clients, business corporations, and regional banks. Her vast experience brings a well-rounded perspective to her law practice today.
In early 2017, Brittney joined Maguire Law Firm and began focusing her practice on personal injury and workers’ compensation matters. Brittney is a zealous advocate for her clients and enjoys being able to help them through the difficult time of dealing with an accident or injury. Brittney also assists with various aspects of office management within the firm.
Outside of the office, Brittney enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters, family, and friends. She is actively involved in the community as a member of Belin United Methodist Church, Coastal Women’s Law Association, South Carolina Women’s Law Association, and various other organizations. Brittney enjoys travelling with her family, going the beach, yoga, reading, and trying new things.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- South Carolina, 2011
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Student Attorney for the University’s Non Profit Organizations Legal Clinic
- Honors: Secretary of the Student Bar Association
- College of Charleston
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: English honor society Sigma Tau Delta
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Horry County Bar Association, Member
- Georgetown County Bar Association, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- South Carolina Women’s Law Association, Member
- Coastal Women’s Law Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Belin United Methodist Church, Member
- Student Attorney for the University’s Non Profit Organizations Legal Clinic
- Children’s Law Externship, contributor